Human resource management is one of the important factors to ensure the success of a coffee shop. Human resources are the main resource to create quality products and services, attract and retain customers. However, human resource management is not a simple job, requiring many skills and experience. In this article, MILANO COFFEE will share with the owners three secrets of effective coffee shop management.
1. Salary calculation rules
Salary calculation rules are one of the factors affecting employee motivation. A fair, transparent, and fair salary system will help employees feel appreciated and rewarded for their efforts. Conversely, an unclear, biased, or market-unsuitable salary rule will cause employees to lose confidence and not want to stick with the cafe.
- Determine the base salary according to the employee's job position, experience and qualifications. The basic salary should refer to the average of the coffee industry or the area where the cafe operates.
- Determine allowances, bonuses or tips according to work performance, sales or customer satisfaction. These amounts should be public and transparent, with clear criteria for employees to know what they are entitled to.
- Determination of deductions in accordance with the provisions of the law or the rules of the shop, such as personal income tax, social insurance, fines for violations or shortage of goods. These amounts should also be communicated in advance and clearly explained to employees.
2. Salary Rules
Salary rules are one of the factors affecting the stability and loyalty of employees. A timely, accurate, and convenient payroll rule helps employees feel respected and financially secure. Conversely, a late, flawed, or complicated pay rule will make employees feel cheated and unwilling to continue working.
– Define period pay by month, week or day, depending on the agreement between the restaurant and the staff. Pay periods should be announced in advance and adhered to on time.
- Identify payment method by cash, bank transfer or card, depending on the employee's preferences and conditions. The payment method should be chosen so that it is convenient and safe for both parties.
- Determine pay slip according to a pre-made template or design your own, specifying the employee's earnings, deductions and actual amount received. Pay slips should be sent to employees with paychecks or a few days in advance so employees can check and respond if there are any errors.
3. Personnel training rules
Human resource training rules are one of the factors affecting the development and capacity building of employees. A well-planned, targeted and assessed training discipline will help employees learn many new skills and knowledge, improve the quality of their work, and improve their competitiveness. Conversely, an unsystematic, non-standard, or unresponsive training rule will leave employees feeling lost, inefficient, and without progress.
- Identify needs training by job position, job requirements and business goals of the restaurant. Training needs should be analyzed based on employee surveys, interviews or observations.
– Define content training on product-related topics, service, soft skills or management skills of the cafe. Training content should be tailored to the level, ability and desire of the employee.
- Identify training methods in different forms, such as face-to-face coaching, video learning, book learning, or mentoring. Training methods should be chosen to be attractive, lively and effective for employees.
Effective coffee shop management is one of the decisive factors for the success of the cafe. By applying effective cafe management know-how, MILANO COFFEE shared above, the owner can create a dynamic, professional and loyal staff for your coffee shop. Good luck to the owners!